Services on this page:
We have a sport psychology team with a focus on performance, wellbeing, leadership and mental health in the sport industry.
Michael Inglis is an endorsed and accredited Sport, Performance and Exercise Psychologist working in the mental health field since 1999. Michael has worked with a range of high performance teams, including Melbourne Rebels, North Melbourne Football Club and Holden Cycling. He works with teams and individual athletes, coaches and support staff to build and enhance performance, wellbeing and leadership. He developed and facilitates our sport performance workshops at The Mind Room.
Jo Mitchell has been in the sport and performance industry for over 25 years and has worked with AFL Players Association, British Olympics, UK Sports, South Australian Sports Institute and Tasmania Coaching Centre. She has training and an interest in Athlete Transition counselling, including retirement and mental health issues. She currently works with a range individual athletes from cycling, athletics, hockey and orienteering; as well as performers from the music and performing arts industries.
View our services below:
A selection of our workshops are especially created with sport & performance in mind. In a professional and friendly environment, we focus on building resilience, as well as harnessing your mind and body’s potential for peak performance. Suitable for individuals and teams. We can deliver workshops at your venue, at our Collingwood studio or virtually via Zoom for up to 20 participants. For enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mindful Athlete
- Performance Mindset
- High Performer Mental Skills
- Living Your Values
- Managing Emotions
- Mental Conditioning Program (6 x 90 mins course)
For enquiries please email email@example.com.
These individual sessions are designed for people wanting to enhance their performance and /or wellbeing. We work with individuals with a focus on sport, such as athletes, coaches or training staff.
These sessions are not intended for anyone with current mental health issues (see mental health in sport), so Medicare rebates do not apply. Sessions can be paid for individually or as a package (e.g. for employees).
Mental health in sport & performance
- Personality – Highlights character strengths of the individual relevant to team or individual sport
- Emotional Intelligence – Measures awareness of emotions and responses, how one adapts or adjusts, and how one responds to stressors and other people
- Values and Motivational Inventory – To understand what is important to each individual and what drives them
- Cognitive Processing – How quickly individuals will be able to understand, process and utilise new information
Strategy and Advice
The Mind Room team can help you develop, implement and assess tailored, sustainable wellbeing and mental health frameworks, programs and services in your sporting team or organisation. We have expertise in:
- Strategy, framework and service design
- Research and program evaluation
- Health and wellbeing assessment
- Health, wellbeing & performance service delivery
Just talk to us about your ideas or tell us what you need and we can talk to you about the possibilities.