Services on this page:
We have a specialist sport and performance psychology team with a focus on performance, wellbeing, leadership and mental health in the sport, music and performing arts industries.
Michael Inglis is an endorsed and accredited Sport, Performance and Exercise Psychologist working in the mental health field since 1999. Michael has worked with a range of high performance teams, including Melbourne Rebels, North Melbourne Football Club and Holden Cycling. He works with teams and individual athletes, coaches and support staff to build and enhance performance, wellbeing and leadership. He developed and facilitates our sport performance workshops at The Mind Room.
Jo Mitchell has been in the sport and performance industry for over 25 years and has worked with AFL Players Association, British Olympics, UK Sports, South Australian Sports Institute and Tasmania Coaching Centre. She has specialist training and interest in Athlete Transition counselling, including retirement and mental health issues. She currently works with a range individual athletes from cycling, athletics, hockey and orienteering; as well as performers from the music and performing arts industries.
Other members of the Sport and Performance team include Lauren Hamilton (health behaviour), Jarrod White (music and performing arts), Melissa Marot (sport and workplace performance) and Michael Hines (music). They each have their own speciality working with performers from the Music, Sport or Arts sector across a range of mental health, wellbeing, performance and leadership issues.
View our services below:
These individual sessions are designed for people wanting to enhance their performance and /or wellbeing. We work with individuals with a focus on sport, performing arts, music, and business.
These sessions are not intended for anyone with current mental health issues (see mental health in sport), so Medicare rebates do not apply. Sessions can be paid for individually or as a package (e.g. for employees).
Mental health in sport
- Personality – Highlights character strengths of the individual relevant to team or individual sport
- Emotional Intelligence – Measures awareness of emotions and responses, how one adapts or adjusts, and how one responds to stressors and other people
- Values and Motivational Inventory – To understand what is important to each individual and what drives them
- Cognitive Processing – How quickly individuals will be able to understand, process and utilise new information
A selection of our workshops are especially created with sport & performance in mind. In a professional and friendly environment, we focus on building resilience, as well as harnessing your mind and body’s potential for peak performance. Suitable for individuals and teams.
Wellbeing strategy and assessment
- Consultation and preparation of mental health, wellbeing and/or performance strategy development and implementation.
- Training and education in a range of mental health, wellbeing and/or performance psychology topics.