Location: The Mind Room, Collingwood
Role: 3-5 days (as agreed)
Contract: Option for Employment or Independent Contract model
Remuneration: From $75-$100k pro rata (plus superannuation) commensurate with experience
The Mind Room
The Mind Room (TMR) is a mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice based in Collingwood, founded by Jo Mitchell and Michael Inglis in 2012.
Our big belief is that if people know more about how their minds work, they would live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives. We share psychological knowledge and tools to empower individuals, organisations and communities to not just survive, but thrive.
For individuals we offer therapy, coaching, workshops and events. For organisations we offer an Employee Assistance Program, workshops, programming and consulting services.
We value integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy. We work with values-aligned businesses, particularly from health, sports, creative and for-purpose industries.
Reporting to our Clinical Manager, the Sport Psychologist provides wellbeing and performance psychology services for individuals and conducts psycho-education workshops and programs for corporate, sport and community groups from time to time.
A TMR Psychologist is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Supporting Clients
- Assessing, treating and referring clients experiencing psychological disorders as well as wellbeing and coaching/performance work as training/experience allows
- Undertaking the agreed average number of client sessions per week
- Client Administration and Caseload management
- With support from FOH team, ensure daily client administration is done accurately and in a timely manner
- Caseload management via regular communication with referring GPs and other health care professionals, monitoring client retention, discharging/archiving clients as appropriate, and notifying TMR’s intake team of availability for new client bookings
- Facilitation and Program Delivery (optional)
- Learn TMR modular workshop content (topics as agreed) and undertake assessment of content, style and tone.
- Facilitate workshops and programs for community, business or sporting groups as agreed from time to time.
- Work with TMR Business Producer to understand audience needs (including a pre-briefing call with the clients key contact)
- Facilitate/deliver custom programs for sporting groups as agreed from time to time.
- Partake in internal planning to understand project and determine role and responsibilities
- Maintain relationships with external clients (as required)
- Deliver services to sporting client as per services agreement
- Complete reporting (as required)
- Content Development (optional)
- Develop, contribute to and review content for TMR audiences consistent with TMR tone and branding guidelines as agreed. For example; TMR Website Blog, TMR workshops and programs, Media interviews
- Learning, Growing and contributing
- Attending TMR Peer Supervision sessions
- Presenting to TMR Peer Supervision session program
- Meeting registration requirements (e.g accessing regular external supervision and ongoing engagement in professional development activities)
- Utilising The Mind Room’s Professional Development budget allocation to enhance learning, development and credentials
- Proactively creating, developing and maintaining internal relationships
- Demonstrating TMR values
Key Internal Relationships
Endorsement Supervisor (if required):
- Director, Sport and Performance
- Director, Sport and Performance
- Front of House and Intake team (individual clients)
- Partnerships and Innovation Team (workshop/program clients)
- Director, Wellbeing and Innovation
Required Skills and Attributes
- Psychological skills: A competent and capable psychologist who can triage, treat and refer for mental health issues.
- Interpersonal skills: Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills. Is able to build and manage professional relationships, balancing professional competence with a warm and engaging manner.
- Team Player: Desire to work as part of a team, and is also able to work autonomously. An understanding of how to effectively manage team relationships, respect the role of all team members, and help make all our lives a little easier and more joyful.
- Strategic thinker: Able to see the big picture. Can do the work and also knows when to delegate. Will ask questions, test assumptions and bring others along on the journey.
- Communication skills: Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Is able to present well in writing and verbally.
- Facilitation skills: Ability to hold a room, facilitate a group conversation or present psycho-education content in a clear and engaging manner.
- Organised: strong organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively.
- Motivation: A genuine interest and motivation to learn, grow and use mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others.
- Integrity: High level of integrity. Able to effectively manage confidential information and behave in an ethical and professional manner.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- AHPRA Registered Psychologist
- Knowledge of elite sport industry, environment, systems and athlete issues.
- Proven experience providing individual psychology services to adults.
- Experience in cognitive behavioural and acceptance-based frameworks (e.g. ACT, CBT, DBT).
- Knowledge of mental health issues, systems and industry (e.g., Medicare, private health, ethical and legal issues).
- Knowledge of wellbeing science theory, research and applications
- Experience facilitating psycho-education workshops or presentations
- Stakeholder engagement experience – capacity to represent the business to other organisations.
- Experience developing and/or delivering mental health, wellbeing or performance psychology services in high performance sporting environments.
- Sport Psychologist (with strong mental health experience)
- General or Clinical psychologist (with strong sport industry experience)
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to our Clinical Manager, Hayley Matic via email@example.com.
Applications close July 22. Download the full Position Description.