Location: The Mind Room, Collingwood, Victoria
Role: Part time/Full time (as agreed)
Salary: From $95k-$120k per annum + 10% super (commensurate with
This creative and big thinking, health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice is looking for a self-motivated professional to join our leadership team. The ideal candidate will build our community and corporate partnerships and demonstrate the financial acumen and innovation to achieve sustainable business growth in line with our vision and values.
Reporting to our Chief Executive Officer, and leading our Partnerships and Innovation team, the successful candidate for this role should possess excellent strategic thinking, business development and innovation experience. We highly value someone with the capacity to relate well to others and take good care of internal and external relationships. We are a small team so we need you to be flexible, able to think on your feet, and ready to lead by example. A genuine interest in mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others is a must.
About The Mind Room
The Mind Room (TMR) is a mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice based in Collingwood. Our big belief is that if people know more about how their minds work, they would suffer less and live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives. We share psychological knowledge and tools to empower individuals, organisations and communities to not just survive, but thrive.
We offer therapy, coaching, workshops and events to individuals and the public. We work with health, sports, creative and for-purpose sector businesses to enhance wellbeing through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), professional development programs and consulting
services. We value integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy.
The Partnerships and Innovation Manager is responsible for (but not limited to):
● Leading a team: Leadership and supervision of TMR’s Partnership and Innovation team members (including a team of facilitators) including recruitment, training and development, performance reviews and achievement of outcomes.
● Overseeing our corporate and community direction and growth: Lead the planning and financial management for TMR’s Partnerships and Innovation function.
– Oversee the curation, development and production of the B2B offering including workshops, programs and EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
– Oversee the curation, development and production of the Public Program offering including events and merchandise
– Oversee TMR’s Community of Facilitators
– Drive quality improvements in our programs and processes
– Achieve 100% growth in our B2B Program in 2021-22
● Grow Community and Customer connections
– Identify, develop and manage key relationships with major clients with a focus on long-term partnerships and projects
– Lead production of custom partnerships and consulting projects as required
– Lead development and production of training programs as required
– Identify and develop new products and offerings based on customer and market needs.
● Demonstrate Leadership
– Contribute to the TMR Leadership Team on strategic and operational priorities
– Contribute to overall TMR business strategy and planning as required.
– Proactively create, develop and maintain internal relationships.
– Demonstrate TMR values
Key Internal Relationships
● Chief Executive Officer
Works with Leadership Team:
● Clinical Manager
● Operations and Communications Manager
Works with Directors:
● Director, Wellbeing and Innovation
● Director, Sport and Performance
● Business Producer
● Learning Design and Programming Manager (future role)
Required Skills and Attributes
● Leadership: Can assume full responsibility for relevant business areas and projects. Communicates well with business leaders and empowers others to contribute meaningfully and feel valued by the organisation.
● Team Player: Desire to work as part of a small team and understanding of how to effectively manage team relationships, respect the role of all team members, and help make all our lives a little easier and more joyful.
● Business & Financial acumen: Has experience helping other businesses to develop and grow. Knows how to prepare, monitor and review budgets. Has demonstrated experience planning for and achieving financial targets. Can pursue financial profit without compromising organisational values and culture.
● Communication skills: Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and able to present well in writing and verbally.
● Stakeholder engagement: Has experience identifying, prioritising, building and maintaining key external stakeholder relationships. Is energised by contact with people, and follows through on phone calls, written proposals, or in person meetings.
● Strategic thinker: Can think and plan strategically. Is able to clearly identify key priorities and anticipate future business needs. Knows when to plan and when to take action.
● Proactive and Flexible: Able to work across multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly to requests, either doing it themself or allocating resources to the task. Is proactive, self-managing and has a can do attitude.
● Interest: A genuine interest in mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others.
Required Qualifications and Experience
● Qualifications in Business Development, Management, Financial Management or equivalent
● 5-10 years experience in leadership roles including business development, business production, management, financial management or equivalent
● Experience working in the Psychology/Mental Health field
● Experience working in/with a sport, music, art or culture industry
● Experience working in/with learning/education
● Event Management experience
Why work at the Mind Room?
● A great team culture that values connection, curiosity, integrity and joy – because we thrive better together.
● A wonderful new purpose built facility in Collingwood
● A strong focus on health, wellbeing and life balance
● Support to grow through professional development opportunities and grants
● A flexible workplace, and opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
● A purpose driven business empowering individuals, organisations and communities to not just survive, but thrive
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with a disability, and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for the role to: [email protected]
For a confidential discussion please call Andrew Shuette on 0418 576 088