Location: The Mind Room, Collingwood
Role: 2+ days per week
The Mind Room is inviting applications from accredited mental health social workers to join our growing private practice team. We are ready to welcome you in to share our beautiful custom designed consulting space in Collingwood.
We are seeking skilled clinicians who can work with a broad range of mental health presentations.
About The Mind Room
The Mind Room (TMR) is a mental health, wellbeing and performance practice based in Melbourne. Our vision is to create a community where clients and practitioners feel welcome, supported, and inspired. Our core values are integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy.
We provide individual therapy, wellbeing and performance coaching, workshops and events with a focus on ACT, CBT, performance psychology, mindfulness and wellbeing science. Our key work streams focus on alleviating mental illness, building wellbeing, and enhancing performance (in life, sport and business). We do this via clinical and coaching services, public group workshops and consultancy services to other organisations.
Why work for the Mind Room?
- Access to secondary consultation and general clinical support from our experienced Clinical Team Manager and Clinical Support Lead
- Exceptional administrative support from our Front of House team
- Referrals allocated based on your strengths and interests, with screening and allocation of new clients completed by our Intake Team
- Professional Development opportunities through our peer supervision program and access to an extensive resource library and clinical tools
- A great team culture that values connection, curiosity and joy – because sometimes our work is challenging and we thrive better together.
- Flexibility to work Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm, with onsite and hybrid remote work options.
- Choice of employment model as either an Independent Contractor or Employee (includes benefits such as a wellbeing grant, professional development budget, registration and insurance fees covered, and more).
We welcome applications from clinicians who are ready to join a private practice that offers more than just a busy diary filled with clients. The Mind Room thrives as a result of our team – we are seeking people who will actively contribute to the culture of our workplace and to our reputation for clinical excellence within our referral networks and client community.
We value those with an ongoing commitment to their professional learning and a willingness to share their knowledge with a curious, friendly and supportive team.
Experienced Mental Health Social Workers (5+ years post accreditation) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills, Experiences & Attributes
- AASW registered and accredited mental health social worker, with own professional indemnity insurance and medicare provider number
- Post-graduate training and experience in providing mental health treatment services to adults (including assessment, treatment and referral of clients)
- Availability to work across at least 2 days, with flexibility to consult between 8am-8pm Monday-Saturday (both onsite and remotely)
- Experience in cognitive behavioural and/or acceptance based frameworks (e.g. ACT; CBT; DBT; Schema Therapy)
- Knowledge of mental health issues, systems and industry (e.g., Medicare, private health, ethical and legal issues)
- Ability to effectively and ethically manage confidential information
- Ongoing commitment to Professional Development and engagement in regular independent clinical supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage professional relationships; able to effectively balance professional competence with a warm and engaging manner
- Strong written communication, organisational skills and attention to detail.
If you would like to speak to our Clinical Manager, Dr Hayley Matic, to learn more about this opportunity and what it is like to be part of The Mind Room community, please email email@example.com.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter to our Clinical Manager, Dr Hayley Matic via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close July 25.