Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Collingwood, Melbourne (hybrid working possible)
Hours and salary: 16 to 24 hours per week (negotiable); FTE salary 80k (plus Super)
Reporting to: Operations Lead
Works with: Management team
We are seeking a Human Resource (HR) professional to coordinate the HR function in a private psychology practice. We are a medium size business with approximately 50 employees and contractors (25 FTE).
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR operations and projects. To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable engaging with various people, from entry-level roles, contractors and employees to the management team and the Board. Key focus areas include:
- Oversee and administer the recruitment life cycle of contractors and employees in the business, from sourcing tactics to interviews, contract negotiation, and induction.
- creating, negotiating and executing employment contracts in line with best practice
- advising and supporting the management team on people management and performance, policies and processes.
- HR system and process improvement.
The Mind Room
The Mind Room (TMR) is a mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice based in Collingwood (2012), founded by Clinical and Sport Psychologists Jo Mitchell and Michael Inglis.
Our big belief is that when people understand how their minds work, they live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives. We share psychological knowledge and tools to empower individuals, organisations and communities to not just survive but thrive.
For individuals, we offer therapy, coaching and psycho-education. We offer workshops and training, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP), coaching, and advisory and consulting services for organisations.
We value integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy. We work with values-aligned businesses, particularly from health, sports, creative and for-purpose industries.
Service delivery responsibilities include:
|Human Resources Coordination
- Inform the operational plan and enhance HR systems, processes and reporting (e.g. job descriptions, contracts, performance reviews)
- Staying ahead of best practice – quality assurance and meeting administrative, legal and ethical standards.
- Efficient and accurate HR record-keeping
- Reporting to the management team meeting on HR wins, risks, opportunities and progress.
- Work with the management team to identify new and ongoing roles (employees and contractors) for the business.
- Manage the recruitment process, including position descriptions, job advertising, candidate applications and selection processes, job offers, onboarding, job termination and offboarding.
- Oversee the staff life cycle from onboarding, induction, performance management and reviews, professional development and offboarding.
- Oversight and administration of all employment offers, contracts and remuneration.
- Work with the management team to ensure all contracts and employment offers meet strategic and financial business needs.
- Working within the finance team to provide accurate and timely payroll information and advice.
- Advising and supporting the management team on people management, dispute resolution and performance.
- Establishing and implementing people management processes and policies.
|Learn, Grow and Contribute
- Meet your ongoing professional development needs and continue to learn and grow.
- Proactively create, develop, and maintain internal relationships within the Mind Room community.
- Other HR-related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in human resource management or similar positions.
- Graduate qualifications in human resources or similar
- Ideally, medical or health industry experience.
Required Skills and Attributes
|Able to demonstrate good human resource acumen and proactively anticipate the needs of the business and management team. Knowledge of recruitment, contracts, payroll, onboarding, offboarding and people management.
|Team and Project Management
|Function as an influential team member and work across different people, teams and projects. Adopting an Agile approach to project management.
|An active contributor with a genuine alignment with our organisational values. Demonstrates clarity in strategic direction and capacity to develop and deliver on operational plans and targets.
|Professionalism & integrity
|Fulfilling responsibilities, acting ethically, speaking up in conflict or confusion, and protecting the organisation’s interest.
|Able to identify, develop and grow key stakeholder relationships within and external to the business. Capacity to represent our business brand, values and services.
|Able to be self-directed, responsible and accountable for one’s actions and performance. Has excellent interpersonal skills – listening well, tactfully, and communicating their viewpoint.
|HR & Business Systems
|Experience using HR and business administration systems such as Xero, Monday, Google Suite and Confluence.
|Understanding the health industry, ideally private practice psychology, and intersection with the HR industry.
How to apply
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Dr Jo Mitchell:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: HR Coordinator, 2024.
We will be reviewing applications as they are received.