Location: The Mind Room, Collingwood
Role: Part time or Full time (2-5 days per week)
The Mind Room is inviting applications from experienced psychologists wanting to join our growing private practice team. We have just moved into our beautiful custom designed consulting space in Collingwood and would love to invite some new people to come and share it with us.
We are seeking skilled psychologists who can work with a broad range of mental health presentations. We would also love to hear from you if you have expertise in one or more of the following:
● Perinatal, Parenting and Family Presentations
● Eating Disorders
● Complex Psychological Presentations (i.e. trauma, chronic mental health conditions, comorbidity)
About The Mind Room
The Mind Room (TMR) is a mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice based in Melbourne. Our vision is to create a community where clients and practitioners feel welcome, supported, and inspired. Our core values are integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy.
We provide individual therapy, wellbeing and performance coaching, workshops and events with a focus on ACT, CBT, performance psychology, mindfulness and wellbeing science. Our key work streams focus on alleviating mental illness, building wellbeing, and enhancing performance (in life, sport and business). We do this via clinical and coaching services, public group workshops and consultancy services to other organisations.
Why work for the Mind Room?
- Access to secondary consultation and general clinical support from our experienced Clinical Team Manager
- Exceptional administrative support from our Front of House team
- Referrals allocated based on your strengths and interests, with screening and allocation of new clients completed by our Intake Team
- Professional Development opportunities through our peer supervision program and access to an extensive resource library and clinical tools
- A great team culture that values connection, curiosity and joy – because sometimes our work is challenging and we thrive better together.
- Flexibility to work Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturdays 8am to 4pm, with onsite and remote work options.
- Choice of employment model as either an Independent Contract or Employee (includes benefits such as a wellbeing grant, professional development budget, registration and insurance fees covered, and more).
We welcome applications from psychologists who want more from their private practice experience than just a busy diary filled with clients. The Mind Room thrives as a result of our team – we are seeking people who will actively contribute to the culture of our workplace and to our reputation for clinical excellence within our referral networks and client community.
We value those with an ongoing commitment to their professional learning and a willingness to share their knowledge with a curious, friendly and supportive team.
Experienced Psychologists (5+ years) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Required Skills, Experiences & Attributes
● AHPRA registered psychologist (Clinical or General) with own professional indemnity insurance.
Required Skills, Experiences & Attributes
● AHPRA registered psychologist with own professional indemnity insurance
● Minimum 5+ years of experience providing individual psychology services to adults (including mental health assessment, treatment and referral of clients)
● Availability to work across at least 2 days, with flexibility to consult between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday, or 9am-4pm Saturdays (both onsite and remotely)
● Experience in cognitive behavioural and/or acceptance based frameworks (e.g. ACT; CBT; DBT; Schema Therapy)
● Knowledge of mental health issues, systems and industry (e.g., Medicare, private health, ethical and legal issues)
● Ability to effectively and ethically manage confidential information
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage professional relationships; able to effectively balance professional competence with a warm and engaging manner
● Strong written communication, organisational skills and attention to detail.
Applications close 24 May 2021
You can download the full position description here.
Take a look at our website to learn more about us, our ethos and values. If you would like to speak to our Clinical Manager, Dr Hayley Matic, to learn more about this opportunity and what it is like to be part of The Mind Room community, please email [email protected]