Looking to improve your mental game? The Mind Room is offering one lucky athlete a 12-month Scholarship in 2020 to help you with your performance, health and overall wellbeing.
About the Scholarship
We’re passionate about supporting the development of aspiring athletes within and outside of our existing community. Each year we offer a scholarship to help an athlete achieve their sporting goals.
The scholarship holder will have access to up to fifteen psychology sessions with our lead Sport Psychologist, Michael Inglis, as well as a complimentary ticket to up to six of our public workshops and events.
About The Mind Room
Founded in 2012, The Mind Room is a health, wellbeing and performance psychology community based in Collingwood, Melbourne. We believe that when people know more about how their minds work, they suffer less and live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives.
We provide therapy and coaching for individuals and couples, with a performance psychology team dedicated to supporting the sport, music and performing arts industries. We also offer a public program of workshops, courses and retreats, and collaborate on consultancy projects that help people to know, love and grow their mind.
You are an athlete interested in improving your mental performance skills both on and off-field. You should be aged 15+ and be serious about your athletic goals. We are open to athletes from any sport and at any stage of their athletic career. Ideally, you should be able to travel to The Mind Room in Collingwood, Melbourne but online sessions are available if traveling or competing.
- Aged 15+;
- Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Able to attend sessions in person at The Mind Room in Collingwood.
- Demonstrates high performance potential through their existing track record and articulation of future goals;
- A desire for self development with a clear understanding of how this scholarship could contribute to their wellbeing and performance;
- Demonstrates the capacity to share their high performance journey through media and PR opportunities.
- Does not have access to comparable services through existing industry or other means.
Scholarship Package (valued at $3,900)
- 15 x 50-minute Psychology Sessions
- 6 x Half Day Psychology workshops
- The Mind Room Welcome Pack
What We Ask
That the scholarship holder proactively makes use of the fantastic resources on offer, and that you possess an active desire to be part of our health, wellbeing and performance community. This will include acknowledging The Mind Room’s support as a sponsor through your public channels throughout the year.
Email us with your resume (including your study, work and sporting career to date) and a cover letter (max 2 pages) or short video (max 90 seconds) addressing the key selection criteria.
Email your application to Elizabeth Marton at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 18 December 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview in January 2020, with the scholarship winner announced in early February.