Part time (2-4 days/sessions per week.)
This small sized, big thinking, health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice is looking for an experienced psychologist to join our private practice team in Collingwood. While there will be a general mental health and wellbeing case load, we are looking for substantial expertise in dealing with clinical mental illness diagnosis and treatment.
About the Mind Room:
The Mind Room (TMR) is a mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice based in Australia. Our vision is to create a community where clients and practitioners feel welcome, supported, and inspired.
We support people to know, love and grow their minds, so they can live a healthy, happy and meaningful life. We provide quality, evidence-based psychological services to improve individual, group and organisational health, wellbeing and performance.
We provide individual therapy, wellbeing and performance coaching, workshops and events with a focus on ACT, CBT, performance psychology, mindfulness and wellbeing science. Our key work streams focus on alleviating mental illness, building wellbeing, and enhancing performance (in life, sport and business). We do this via:
- Clinical, counselling and coaching psychology services in-person and via Coviu (video-phone).
- Psycho-education in the form of group classes and events, on topics related to psychological health, wellbeing and performance.
- Consultancy services to other organisations, such as presentations, classes, workshops, strategy and advice on matters related to mental health, wellbeing and human performance.
At The Mind Room we value integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy.
Take a look at our website to learn more about us, our ethos and values www.themindroom.com.au
Required Skills, Experiences & Attributes:
- AHPRA registered psychologist or psychiatrist.
- Minimum 5+ years of proven experience providing individual psychology services to adults.
- Experience in assessment, treatment and referral of clients.
- Experience in cognitive behavioural and/or acceptance based frameworks (e.g. ACT; CBT; DBT; Schema Therapy).
- Knowledge of mental health issues, systems and industry (e.g., Medicare, private health, ethical and legal issues).
- Ability to effectively manage confidential information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage professional relationships; able to effectively balance professional competence with a warm and engaging manner.
- Strong written communication, organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Available for a p/t contracting role doing 2-3 shifts per week. Shifts are available from Monday to Saturday (by negotiation).
Private practice experience is ideal, however, we have an experienced team who can provide support and guidance as needed.
- Direct report: Co-Directors (Michael Inglis or Jo Mitchell)
- Works with: Practice Manager (Luke Forester); various mental health clinicians.
- Supported by: Reception team
Submit your CV and a cover letter (1-page max) or cover video (30 seconds max) to our Practice Manager, Luke Forester at: email@example.com