This small sized, big thinking, health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice is looking for a self-motivated Marketing Manager to join their team.
P/T role, ongoing (3 days per week)
This small sized, big thinking, health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice is looking for a self-motivated Marketing Manager to join their team. With experience in marketing strategy, audience growth and digital marketing, as well as the growth-mindset to propose and deliver new creative projects, the ideal candidate will be eager to tackle everything from building our community to creating cultural change through thought leadership.
Top candidates will be skilled at brand building, growing and nurturing audiences and driving sales. They will create engaging content for all our communication channels and generate a buzz for our key activities. We are looking for someone proactive with an eye for detail and the desire to grow the reach and impact of our business.
A genuine interest in mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others is a must. We highly value someone with exceptional communication skills and the capacity to relate well to others, taking good care of interpersonal relationships. We are a small team so we need you to be flexible, able to think on your feet, and ready to lead by example.
About The Mind Room:
At The Mind Room we value integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy.
We believe that when people know more about how their minds work, they suffer less and live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives. We are about sharing psychological knowledge and tools to empower individuals and communities to not just survive, but thrive.
Our mission at The Mind Room is to enhance people’s health and wellbeing, so they can live their best life. We empower people to tailor their own health and happiness plan, so it is sustainable, meaningful and helps them navigate the joys, sorrows, stressors and opportunities that life offers.
We provide individual therapy, wellbeing and performance coaching, workshops and events with a focus on ACT, CBT, performance psychology, mindfulness and wellbeing science. Our key work streams focus on alleviating mental illness, building wellbeing, and enhancing performance (in sport and at work).
The Marketing Manager is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Brand & Audience Growth: Review and implement the proposed Audience Growth Strategy to achieve targets set out in Business Plan. Responsible for budget and resource allocation; management of contractors and agencies to deliver on these priorities.
- Marketing & PR: Develop and deliver ongoing marketing strategies, managing these processes through to completion, reporting and evaluation. This includes:
- Electronic mail distribution to MailChimp databases;
- Direct mail campaigns to specialist referral networks such as GP’s and psychiatrists;
- Preparation of marketing collateral such as printed workshop flyers, GP brochure, promotional posters, business pitch documents etc;
- Workshop and event program promotion and ticket sales;
- Business program promotion and advertising;
- Planning and delivering PR campaigns with external agencies;
- Management of press and media enquiries including active pitching;
- Contribution to business planning and growth strategies.
- Digital Channels & Platform Management: Oversee The Mind Room’s digital channels and platforms including driving engagement through all social channels and implementing paid advertising campaigns to drive sales across the business. This includes:
- Social media platform management, including all content planning and execution (organic and paid) for Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and Google Ads;
- Website management including updating and overseeing upgrade projects as required;
- Ticketing systems management.
- Community Events: Contribute to and oversee strategic campaigns and events to nourish, listen to and grow our community.
- Relationship Management: Proactively create, develop and maintain internal and external customer and stakeholder relationships (e.g. industry collaborations, media, agencies etc.).
Key Internal Relationships:
- Reports to: Business & Programming Manager (Megan Sheehy)
- Works with: Practice Manager (Luke Forester), Co-Directors (Jo Mitchell and Michael Inglis) and Workshop Facilitators (various).
- Manages: Interns and contractors as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Marketing skills: Has knowledge and experience of marketing and communication planning and delivery processes, e.g., writing marketing and communications plans, content planning, digital asset preparation, use of social media channels to effectively deliver marketing content.
- Digital marketing skills: Has extensive experience in digital advertising, social media strategy and content-focused marketing.
- Brand and tone: Has exceptional writing skills and understands The Mind Room brand and tone.
- Financial acumen: Has experience managing and monitoring project budgets including demonstrated experience delivering marketing campaigns on time and on budget.
- Communication skills: Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and able to present well in writing and verbally. Has experience copywriting for marketing channels, writing briefs to engage agencies / contractors for marketing, graphic design etc.
- Stakeholder engagement: Has experience identifying, prioritising, building and maintaining key external stakeholder relationships.
- Organised: Able to plan, prepare and execute key priorities in a timely manner, with the resources available. Pays attention to the detail and anticipates risk and opportunities.
- Leadership: Can assume full responsibility for marketing projects/campaigns, empowering others to contribute meaningfully and feel valued by the organisation.
- Team Player: Desire to work as part of a small team and understanding of how to effectively manage team relationships, respect the role of all team members, and help make all our lives a little easier and more joyful.
- Proactive and Flexible: Able to work across multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly to requests, either doing it themself or allocating resources to the task. Is proactive, self-managing and has a can do attitude.
- Tech Savvy: Excels at using technologies like Google Drive, Word, Excel, MailChimp, WordPress, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Interest: A genuine interest in mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others.
- Event Management experience
- PR experience
- Social media analytics & SEO experience
- Qualifications in Business, Marketing or Communications.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (max 1-page) or a brief video (max 1-minute) explaining why you are perfect for the role to:
- Megan Sheehy, Business and Programming Manager
Applications close midnight on Wednesday, 27th February 2019.
Download PDF of the position description below.