This small sized, big thinking, health, wellbeing and performance psychology practice is looking for a self-motivated Business Development and Marketing Manager to join their team.
Business Development & Marketing Manager
F/T or P/T role (3-5 days per week, negotiable)
With experience in both marketing and communications management, as well as the growth-mindset to seek and achieve sustained business success, the ideal candidate will be eager to tackle everything from increasing brand recognition and building our community to growing the business’ bottom line.
Top candidates will be skilled at thinking strategically, nurturing our client portfolio and key stakeholder relationships, building the brand and creating engaging content for all our communication channels. They will generate a buzz for our key activities, including workshops, events and presentations, while being proactive in their approach to identifying new areas for business growth and community building. We are looking for someone with an eye for recognising opportunities for process efficiencies and effectiveness, along with business development and stakeholder management.
A genuine interest in mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others is a must. We highly value someone with exceptional communication skills and the capacity to relate well to others, taking good care of interpersonal relationships. We are a small team so we need you to be flexible, able to think on your feet, and ready to lead by example.
About The Mind Room:
At The Mind Room we value integrity, connection, curiosity, action and joy.
We believe that when people know more about how their minds work, they suffer less and live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives. We are about sharing psychological knowledge and tools to empower individuals and communities to not just survive, but thrive.
Our mission at The Mind Room is to enhance people’s health and wellbeing, so they can live their best life. We empower people to tailor their own health and happiness plan, so it is sustainable, meaningful and helps them navigate the joys, sorrows, stressors and opportunities that life offers.
We provide individual therapy, wellbeing and performance coaching, workshops and events with a focus on ACT, CBT, performance psychology, mindfulness and wellbeing science. Our key work streams focus on alleviating mental illness, building wellbeing, and enhancing performance (in sport and at work).
The Business Development & Marketing Manager is responsible for (but not limited to):
- Business Development: Review and implement the current business plan including budget and resource allocation; prioritise key activities; manage staff, contractors and agencies to help deliver on these priorities. Identify and develop business opportunities with current and potential markets, with a view to long-term efficiency and effectiveness.
- Marketing & Communications: Review and implement the current marketing and communications plan including budget and resource allocation; prioritise key activities that align with business goals and values; manage staff, contractors and agencies to help deliver on these priorities in a timely manner. Proactively manage these processes through to completion and evaluation. Example actions include:
- Social media content planning and execution (organic and paid) for Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and Google Ads.
- Electronic mail distribution to a 3000+ mailchimp database.
- Direct mail out to specialist groups, such as GPs and psychiatrists.
- Preparation of marketing collateral such as printed workshop flyers, GP brochure, promotional posters, values cards etc.
- Workshop or event program promotion and ticket sales.
- Relationship Management: Proactively create, develop and maintain internal and external customer and stakeholder relationships (e.g., corporate clients, industry collaborations, media, agencies etc.). Respond quickly to external business requests (e.g., workshops, presentations, sponsorship, media), prepare proposals, and actively follow-up at every stage.
- One of your first tasks will be to recruit and manage a marketing/communications co-ordinator and/or intern roles to support the Business, Marketing and Communications functions of The Mind Room.
Key Internal Relationships:
- Reports to: Co-Directors (Michael Inglis & Jo Mitchell)
- Works with: Practice Manager (Luke Forester); Workshop facilitators and psychology content specialists (various).
- Manages: Marketing/Communications Coordinator (TBC) and any marketing agencies or contractors.
Required Skills, Experience & Attributes:
- Business & Financial acumen: Has experience helping other businesses to develop and grow. Knows how to prepare, monitor and review budgets. Has demonstrated experience panning for and achieving financial targets. Can pursue financial profit without compromising organisational values and culture.
- Marketing skills: Has knowledge and experience of marketing and communication planning and delivery processes, e.g., writing a marketing and communications plan, content planning, digital asset preparation, use of social media channels to effectively deliver marketing content.
- Communication skills: Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and able to present well in writing and verbally. Has direct experience of business proposal writing, copywriting for marketing channels, writing briefs to engage agencies / contractors for marketing, graphic design etc.
- Stakeholder engagement: Has experience identifying, prioritising, building and maintaining key external stakeholder relationships. Is energised by contact with people, and follows through on phone calls, written proposals, or in person meetings.
- Strategic thinker: Can think and plan strategically. Is able to clearly identify key priorities and anticipate future business needs. Knows when to plan and when to take action.
- Organised: Able to plan, prepare and execute key priorities in a timely manner, with the resources available. Pays attention to the detail and anticipates risk and opportunities.
- Leadership: Can assume full responsibility for relevant projects/campaigns and financial performance of the business. Communicates well with the Co-Directors and empowers others to contribute meaningfully and feel valued by the organisation.
- Team Player: Desire to work as part of a small team and understanding of how to effectively manage team relationships, respect the role of all team members, and help make all our lives a little easier and more joyful.
- Proactive and Flexible: Able to work across multiple projects simultaneously and respond quickly to requests, either doing it themself or allocating resources to the task. Is proactive, self-managing and has a can do attitude.
- Tech Savvy: Comfortable and capable using typical office technologies like Google Drive, word, excel and marketing specific software such as MailChimp, WordPress, Hootsuite and major social media channels.
- Interest: A genuine interest in mental health, wellbeing and performance psychology as a means of improving the lives of others.
- Event Management experience
- PR experience
- Social media analytics & SEO experience
- Qualifications in Business, Marketing or Communications.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter (max. 1-page) or a brief video (max 1 minute) to Rebecca Evans at: email@example.com
Applications close midnight on Thursday, 1st November 2018.